QuickBooks File Doctor: Its Benefits, Requirements, and How to Install
Intuit QuickBooks is serving us with the best accounting software. From managing our expenses to tracking our revenue, we love all its features. Moreover, the fact that the company religiously works on its software and its tools to provide first-class service.
QuickBooks File Doctor was launched in 2012 by Intuit to repair all the issues faced by QB users. The aim to design this software tool was to detect and resolve all kinds of company file errors and network errors automatically without taking much time from the users. Many users who know the power of this tool are using it and are happy with its outcome. If you are interested in learning more about the QuickBooks File Doctor tool, keep on reading this article till the end.
What is QuickBooks File Doctor?
QuickBooks File Doctor is a file-repairing tool developed by Intuit QuickBooks. The tool can detect and fix damaged company files and repair network issues. Additionally, it can also check the files of your QuickBooks to resolve the issues automatically. The tool has a record of 99% of the user’s issues. Along with automatic troubleshooting, it provides simplistic methods to resolve the problem manually. This tool is a part of QuickBooks Tool Hub and is available for Windows devices.
This was the introduction to QuickBooks File Doctor, moving ahead you will learn about its benefits in the coming section.
Note: QuickBooks File Doctor is not available in QuickBooks Tool Hub for Mac devices.
Why Should You Use QuickBooks File Doctor?
It can be difficult to point out every benefit of QuickBooks File Doctor, as the tool is very effective for all types of customers and offers countless features. However, here we are highlighting a few of the best benefits of using the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Easier to grasp because of its interactive and user-friendly interface.
- You can easily detect and resolve network issues within your business with the QuickBooks tool.
- You can find lost business files with the help of this software.
- QuickBooks File Doctor can solve QuickBooks Error 6150, QuickBooks Error 6000 -77, 6000 -82, 6000 -305, 6000 -301, 6147, 6130.
- You can maintain financial sheets, manage expenses, and even set up reminders with QuickBooks.
- You can share your business files with your employees and protect the data with QuickBooks File Doctor.
So these are the benefits you will get with QuickBooks File Doctor. We know you are already impressed with the potential of this tool and as we go ahead, let’s look at all the errors that can be resolved by this accounting software tool.
Errors Resolved By QuickBooks File Doctor
As we know that QuickBooks File Doctor can resolve company file issues and network problems. Using the software tool can curb all errors that we are listing below:
- QuickBooks Error 6150
- QuickBooks Error 6000 -77
- QuickBooks Error 6000 -82
- QuickBooks Error 6000 -305
- QuickBooks Error 6000 -301
- QuickBooks Error 6147
- QuickBooks Error 6130
Apart from them, the errors starting with “H” denotes the accounting software has lost its connection to the network.
- QuickBooks Error H101
- QuickBooks Error H202
- QuickBooks Error H303
- QuickBooks Error H505
All of these above-written errors can be easily detected and resolved by QuickBooks File Doctor. So moving on, let’s look at the types of QuickBooks
File Doctor and how it can help us resolve QB issues.
Types of QuickBooks File Doctor
There are two versions of QuickBooks File Doctor available on the Intuit QuickBooks Tool Hub, you can install whichever is best for your software.
- QuickBooks File Doctor has a stand-alone version that only has a Database server manager for hosting files.
- The other version is packed with many other features that come with QuickBooks 2016 and newer versions.
Both of the versions are quite competent to detect and resolve the issues easily. However, if your system is compatible with the newer versions, then we would recommend you get the latest one. What’s better than getting numerous features in a single tool, right? Now that you are aware of the versions of QuickBooks File Doctor, let’s now learn what are the requirements to get the software accounting tool for your system in the coming section.
Requirements For QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is a very powerful tool developed by Intuit that can solve all network issues and company file issues. Please keep in mind that to install the software tool, you have to make sure that it is compatible with your system.
Let’s see what are the things you need for QuickBooks File Doctor:
- A stable internet connectivity
- Windows Desktop
- NET Framework
- C++ Program
- QuickBooks Tool Hub Admin Login Credentials
Once you have all the above-written things, you can proceed to download and install the accounting software tool on your device. Let’s learn the steps for the same in the coming section.
How to Install QuickBooks File Doctor?
Installing QuickBooks file doctor is very simple and does not take much time. We have segregated the download and installation process into two parts. Go through each of them and follow the step carefully.
- First, go to Intuit’s official website.
- Search and tap on QuickBooks tool hub.
- Tap on download, after the task is complete, save the file to an accessible location on your device.
- Search for QuickBooksToolHub.exe and click to open the file.
- Read the license of agreement and tap on Yes.
- Tap on Next, then Install to initiate the installation process.
- Click on the Finish button when the process is completed.
After you are done with the above-written steps, you can run the software tools whenever you face any QB error. Now you might be wondering how to use the software tool, so don’t worry, we have explained the process in the next section.
How to Run QuickBooks File Doctor to Solve the QB Errors?
QuickBooks notifies the users about the errors with a pop-up message on the screen. In case of any error, you first need to visit QuickBooks Tool Hub and select Quick Fix My File. The tool quill then detects and resolves the issue. However, if the error persists, then you need to use QuickBooks File Doctor on your device.
Here is how to run QuickBooks File Doctor:
- Go to QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Select Company File errors.
- Now, click on Run QuickBooks File Doctor and the tool will start its deep scanning. It can take a few minutes to detect the issues.
- Browse the files in which the issues are detected.
- Click on files, tap on Next, and enter your QuickBooks admin password.
- The tool will start the troubleshooting process.
- Once it is completed, you should restart your device and refresh the QuickBooks software to get rid of bugs if any.
So now you know how to use the software tool but keep in mind that it will take some time for you to hang off it. However, to help you with it, we have listed a few things you should take care of while using the software tool in the next section.
Points to Take Care of…
Before using the QuickBooks File Doctor tool, here are a few things you should keep in mind to avoid problems.
- The users must have QuickBooks Admin login credentials to access the software tool dashboard.
- Your device should be connected to a reliable internet connection.
- Make sure to install a single version of the tool, otherwise one can interfere with the functioning of the other.
- Quickbooks is not available for Windows desktops. So if you are a Mac user, unfortunately, the software is not available for Apple devices.
- Your device must have 15 GB of storage to work with QuickBooks software.
- Do not shut the program abruptly, or it will disturb its operation.
- Make sure that your device is free from viruses and malware.
- Update the software to the latest version to get the fastest speed and best accounting features.
So these are some of the things that will help you to keep your software tool healthy. However, there can be times when your Software tool does not work properly. Do not panic and follow the instructions below to overcome the tool issues.
- Re-login to the QuickBooks Tool Hub dashboard.
- Set up an auto-recovery option if your tool does not resolve issues automatically.
- Back up all the data of the software before initiating the error detection process.
- If your software tools are slow or lagging, connect to the high-speed network.
Now that we have discussed everything about QuickBooks File Doctor and the installation process, we hope you can easily resolve all your QuickBooks issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where Can I Find the QuickBooks File Doctor?
Download QuickBooks Tools Hub from the Intuit website, then install QuickBooks File Doctor on your device to resolve the QuickBooks issues.
How Do I Manually Open QuickBooks File Doctor?
Launch the QuickBooks File Doctor tool on your device, then go to the Files section. From here, navigate to Utilities and click on Repair Files and Network Problems.
How Do I Open QuickBooks Files in Excel?
● Open Excel, then click on Files.
● Now tap on Import and Data Tab, then Other Sources.
● Locate the QBB file in the import window and save the changes and open the QB file in Excel.
What is a QuickBooks File?
QuickBooks file is a file extension that is used by QuickBooks to record and track large data.
How Do I Share a QuickBooks File?
● Open QuickBooks, locate the file you want to share, and right-click on it.
● Click on the share this folder option on the sharing window.
● Agree to give access permission by selecting Yes button.
● Lastly, click on OK to finish the sharing.