QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tools: How to Install and Fix Company File Errors?
You might have encountered company file issues with multi-user access, and that’s when QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool comes to your rescue. Intuit QuickBooks developed QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool to resolve all kinds of connectivity issues and to take multiple user access features to another level.
So if you are also experiencing QB connection issues, don’t worry, this blog will explain about QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool and how to install it to resolve all the issues.
QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool – An Overview
QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic tool, as the name suggests, was built to detect the network connection issues of multi-user networks. As QuickBooks employs Microsoft components that can show complex errors. However, this tool has the potential to detect and fix a wide range of multi-user network errors. It can also work on various operating systems.
So this was the introduction to QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool, let’s go ahead and find out the benefits of using QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
Benefits of QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is packed with countless benefits. Let’s explore these advantages below:
- Helps in detecting errors during the time of installation of QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- It saves a lot of time for the users by resolving the errors automatically.
- It can help to recover the missing or lost data.
- It provides an easy-to-follow and quick manual troubleshooting process.
- It can be an interactive and user-friendly interface that is accessed by all levels of users.
- It can help you build a stable and reliable connection.
Now that you know the benefits you can get by using QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool, we will see all the issues that can be solved by this tool in the next section.
What are the Issues Solved By QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic tool is a powerful tool designed by Intuit to resolve the most difficult issues occurred in the software. Here are the common issues that you can get solved with QuickBooks Connection diagnostic tool:
- Damaged or corrupted QB Company files issues
- Lost or stolen company files problem
- Missing or compromised data
- Incorrect configuration of the Windows Firewall
- Quickbooks database access denied
So these are some of the errors that can be resolved by the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool. Moving ahead, let’s look at the situations when you need to use this software tool.
When to Run QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
You can encounter many kinds of QuickBooks errors, and not every error can be solved by the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool. As QB has designed specific tools for a specific error, you must know when to use what.
Here we have listed the situations when you need to use QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool:
- The tool needs to be used when you encounter an issue related to the Windows firewall.
- When you face issues related to the QuickBooks database.
- When your QB software is infected by a virus.
- When your QB files get corrupted and damaged.
- When your software shows errors in the H series.
When you encounter all the above-written situations, then you must use QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool to resolve the issues on the system. So now you know this, let’s see what you would require to install the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool in the next section.
Requirements for QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
We know how much you are excited to install and use QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool on your system, but to do that, it is important that you first have the things you need for the accounting tool.
These are the things you require:
- A stable internet connection.
- A device to install the software
- .NET Framework
- Microsoft C++ Visual Redistributable package
- 2.5 GB of Disk Space
- 4 GB RAM for individuals and 8 GB RAM for multiple users
- Processor with a minimum of 2.4 GHz.
Make sure to have all these things before you proceed with the download and installation process. So now let’s go ahead and look at the steps to download QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool in the next section.
How to Download QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
Once you have all the things you require for downloading QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool, go ahead and follow the process we have written below to download the accounting software tool:
- Go to the official QuickBooks website.
- Click on the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool download link.
- Save the file to an accessible location on your system.
- Open the installer name as QBInstall_toll_vs.exe.
- Close all the background running programs.
Your download process will be initiated. It might take around 10 minutes and once it is done, go ahead and install the software tool on your device.
How to Install QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
Your QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool won’t show up on your system until you install it. Here are the quick and easy-to-follow steps to install the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool:
- First, tap on the Downloaded file.
- Your screen will display the Welcome to QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool setup wizard. Here, click on
- Again, click on Next on the installation popup.
- Read the license agreement and click on the agree tab.
- Tap on the QuickBooks icon and go to Directory.
- Enter the QuickBooks admin ID and password in the given fields.
- Lastly, tap on OK.
Your QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool will be installed on your system within a few minutes. Wow! You are now just a few steps away from checking the network connectivity of your system with the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool. Let’s go ahead and learn how to set up the tool for its work.
How to Set Up QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
After completing the installation process, it is now time to set up or configure the tool correctly for it to work on the system. Follow the steps given below to set up QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool:
- First, click on the QuickBooks icon and go to the Utilities tab.
- Click on Repair the file, then the Network problem tab.
- Permit the accesses to QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool and click on Yes.
- Now go to the Company fleas folder and click on Open.
- Tap on Show advanced settings, then from the drop-down menu choose the correct issue.
- On this new page, enter your Quickbooks ID and password.
- Lastly. Tap on the Connection Diagnostic tool to initiate the configuration process.
Wait for the process to complete and that’s it, you can now start using the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool. Let’s learn how to use the tool correctly in the coming part.
How to Use QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
You know that QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool is mainly used to test the connectivity of the network, and you can use it anytime you want, but how to use it? Let’s look at the steps for same given below:
- Check the Connection
Access company files from the system to verify the system configuration. You may see a fail popup if permissions are not already granted.
- Go to the Firewall window
Here, grant permissions to operate and block the firewalls that are not compatible with your system.
- Test connectivity
On this tab, you can examine and scan the connectivity of your computer system.
This is how you can use QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool. Moving ahead, let’s learn how can you test the network connectivity of your system with QuickBooks tools in the coming section.
How to Test the Connectivity with QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
As you now have a QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool, you can use it anytime you suspect an issue within the network connectivity.
Here is how to test the connectivity with QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool:
- In your QuickBooks Tools Hub, go to the Company files field.
- Tap on Change Hosting server.
(All statuses appear Not Application in blue before running the connectivity test. After initiating the connectivity test, the server will turn into green or red. Green signifies no problem found, and red signifies errors are detected by the tool.)
- Tap on the test connectivity tab and if the status appears Red. Go to the Advanced section, and click on ‘What do these mean’ button.
- Rerun the tool to find any more errors.
- While the tool will detect and resolve the issues, make sure to follow the on-screen prompts for manual troubleshooting if in case provided by the software.
Once this is done, restart your system and refresh the software to start working on the accounting software again. This test will help you ensure that you are working on a reliable and strong network web, and in case you need any further assistance or information then you can contact the QB customer support team. Also, we have jotted down some of the important points you must consider for a smooth experience with the software and its tool.
Points to Take Care of…
So we have covered every detail of the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool up until now. Here, we have listed some of the important points that you must take care of while working on the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool. Let’s discuss:
- Do not shut the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool abruptly.
- QuickBooks’ connection diagnostic tool is available for Windows as well as Apple devices and works equally well.
- Make sure to connect your device to stable internet connectivity.
- The troubleshooting tools must be downloaded from Intuit’s official website.
- It is recommended to use the latest version of QuickBooks for updated features.
- Ensure that your system is free of viruses and malware.
Please keep all these points in your mind to avoid any kind of disturbance while working on QuickBooks.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Install the Diagnostic Tool in QuickBooks Windows 10?
Go to QuickBooks Tool Hub and navigate to the Installation Issues tab.
Tap on the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool to initiate the installation process. Wait for the process to get completed and tap on Finish.
Where Can I Get Program Diagnostic Options in QuickBooks?
You can find Program Diagnostic tools in the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
How to Start QuickBooks in Multi-user Mode?
This is how to start QB in multi-user mode:
● Go to QuickBooks Tool Hub and navigate to the Files option.
● Here, Open the Company file and then click on Next.
● Now gives multi-user access from the open company file window.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15125?
The steps to resolve QB Error 15125 are listed below:
● Restart your system Windows in Selective Startup mode.
● Now, verify your Antivirus Settings.
● Log in as Windows administrator.
● Shut down all the running programs.
Can the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool Run on Terminal Server?
Yes, the connection diagnostic tool by Intuit QuickBooks can run on the terminal server.